This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
These mini dark chocolate almond butter cups are the perfect sweet treat for your party spread. Everyone will love them!
Woohoo it’s the last weekend until Christmas and I hope you are all excited? I cannot wait and the celebrations are starting this weekend. On Saturday we are spending the day in Florence to do some Christmas shopping and visit the German/Italian Christmas market!
Bratwurst and Bratkarttofeln get in my belly!
Oh and of course there will be plenty mulled wine to wash it all down with 🙂
What are your plans this weekend? If you have any festive parties planned then you need to make these Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups or maybe you’re having a cozy weekend in with the family? Then you still have to make these, they are simple and oh so more-ish.
These almond butter cups only have 3 ingredients (one being salt) and are ridiculously easy to make, very much like my Chocolate Peanut Butter Pumpkins that I made for Halloween.
All I do is melt 100g of good quality dark chocolate in a bowl on top of simmering pot of water and spoon it into 20 mini muffin/cupcake cases making sure to draw the chocolate up the sides. The cups are then put in the freezer for 10 minutes to harden.
Then I spoon in some almond butter. I make my own almond butter by blitzing almonds in the food processor (nothing else) until a smooth almond butter forms. This only takes around 15-20 minutes and it’s 100% pure almond butter. I much prefer to make my own this way and it’s SO much cheaper!
The cups are then put back in the freezer for another 10 minutes. I then melt the remaining 100g of chocolate in the same bowl and spoon it over the almond butter filled cups. I then put them back in the freezer one last time for around 10-15 minutes.
These Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups can be eaten straight from the freezer or at room temperature for a softer texture. These are perfect served at parties or as yummy foodie gifts this Christmas,
If you tried this or any other recipes on my blog please be sure to leave me a comment below to let me know how you got on, I love hearing from you. You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
PIN FOR LATER
Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups
- 7 oz (200g) dark chocolate good quality
- 1/2 cup (65g) almond butter unsalted
- 1 pinch smoked sea salt flakes
- Lay out 20 mini cupcake/muffin cases on a baking tray. Break up 100g of the dark chocolate and put in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water) stir occasionally until melted.
- Spoon half a tsp of chocolate into each mini muffin case. Use the back of a teaspoon to draw the chocolate just over half way up the sides of the cases. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and spoon half a tsp of almond butter into each case. Sprinkle each cup with a tiny pinch of smoked sea salt. Freeze for another 10 minutes.
- Melt the remaining 100g of chocolate in the same bowl. Remove the cups from the freezer and spoon another half tsp of chocolate over each cup until the chocolate is finished. Freeze for 10-15 minutes.
- The cups can be eaten straight from the freezer or eaten at room temperature.
- I always use extra virgin olive oil in all of my recipes unless stated otherwise
- When I use canned or jarred tomatoes of any kind I always use this brand for the best results and flavour
- All vegetables are medium sized unless stated otherwise
- All recipes are tested and developed using a fan (convection) oven
- Find out more about how nutrition is calculated here
- Check out our must have Italian Pantry Staples here
- You can also find all our Essential Kitchen Tools for Italian Cooking here