All the spices of Autumn soaked into soft and crunchy crusty bread, this Pumpkin Spiced French Toast recipe is absolutely perfect for a lazy weekend breakfast.
Happy Friday! It’s almost the weekend, yay! Weekends are meant for lazy breakfasts and I absolutely have no problem taking advantage of this. I normally go for a savoury option such as eggs benedict with smoked salmon which is my all time favourite and my must have on Christmas Day or Croque Monsieur which is a ham and mustard sandwich topped with a cheesy and delicious bechamel sauce and a poached egg. What’s not to like there? I will definitely be posting that one soon.
This weekend however I am going all things sweet with this Pumpkin Spiced French Toast recipe. Just look at that honey drizzle.
For me, Autumn has all the best flavours, walnuts, squash, strong blue cheeses, honey, cinnamon and of course the pumpkin spice just to name a few. I adore pumpkin spice and let’s face it as soon as September starts the pumpkin spice latte craze begins…again. This lovely spice is sprinkled in to all sorts of sweet treats, cookies, ice cream, cakes and now FRENCH TOAST.
Btw you if you love the pumpkin spiced latte then you should totally check out my Banana Milk Coffee!
Yup this french toast recipe is so ridiculously easy there’s almost no cooking involved whatsoever. I add half a tbsp of this heavenly scented pumpkin spice into beaten eggs, sugar and that’s it. Thick slices of delicious crusty bread are dunked into this Autumn gold and soak up all the beautiful fragrant flavours before being fried in a little butter. OH MY YUM!
I couldn’t help but drench my french toast in some runny honey which was out of this world deliciousness. You could add maple syrup, fresh berries or have it just as it is with a dusting of icing sugar. Sweet brunch heaven.
Now let’s get to the recipe because I don’t know about you but I need some of this asap. Don’t forget you can save this recipe for later by pinning it below.
SAVE FOR LATER
Pumpkin Spiced French Toast
- 2 free range eggs
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 4 slices crusty white bread
- knob of butter
- icing sugar for dusting
- honey to drizzle
- Crack the eggs into a flat dish or tray and add the pumpkin spice and sugar, whisk together.
- Add the knob of butter to a medium sized saucepan under a medium/low heat until melted and bubbling.
- Add the slices of bread to the eggs mixture and let the bread soak up the mixture, flip each slice so both sides are covered.
- Fry until golden brown on each side, Serve with a dusting of icing sugar and a drizzle of honey.
- I always use extra virgin olive oil in all of my recipes unless stated otherwise
- When I use canned or jarred tomatoes of any kind I always use this brand for the best results and flavour
- All vegetables are medium sized unless stated otherwise
- All recipes are tested and developed using a fan oven
- Read more about how the nutritional information is calculated here