These mini cannoli are the easiest, most delicious and may I say cutest mini desserts ever. Easy to adapt with your favourite chocolate and flavourings, use fun sprinkles or keep them classic.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 20 mini cannoli
- 20 mini cannoli shells
- 14.1 oz (400g) good quality ricotta cheese
- 1.7 oz (50g) dark chocolate
- 1.7 oz (50g) white chocolate
- 1/2 cup (110g) extra fine caster sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup (80g) dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp chopped candied orange peel
Place a heatproof bowl over a small pot of simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water and the water doesn't boil). Break the chocolate into pieces and melt, you'll need to do this twice if using two different types of chocolate.
Once melted, dip each end of the mini cannoli shells into the chocolate and set aside on baking parchment to set and dry.
Whip the ricotta with a hand whisk until smooth. Add the sugar, around 2/3 of the chocolate chips and orange, stir everything together.
I prefer to use orange zest but lemon zest works great too. Also, you can use whatever flavoured chocolate chips you prefer. For these mini cannoli I used dark chocolate chips and reserved some for topping.
Transfer the filling to a piping bag with a smooth or star-shaped nozzle and place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. Alternatively, you can place the mixture into the fridge if you're not using filling them straight away.
When the mini cannoli shells have dried, pipe the ricotta filling into each one and top each end with candied orange peel and remaining chocolate chips.
- Try dipping the cannoli shells in chopped nuts or dried candied fruit whilst the chocolate is still wet. Chopped hazelnuts and pistachios are best.
- Try decorating the shells with sprinkles, think pink for Valentines Day, red and green for Christmas etc.
- Calories are per cannoli.
- Tip - I prefer to fill the cannoli around 1 hour before serving so the shells are slightly softer. If you don't fill straight before serving.
Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 73mg | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 2.4mg