Warm White Bean Salad - Prosciutto & Baby Mozzarella
A super easy warm white bean salad made with sweet cherry tomatoes, rocket (arugula), prosciutto and baby mozzarella balls
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 11.5 oz (325g) cherry or baby plum tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar good quality
- 14 oz (400g) cannellini beans drained with 2 tbsp liquid reserved
- 10 - 12 Baby mozzarella balls
- 6 - 8 Prosciutto slices
- Salt and pepper to season
- Olive oil
- basil leaves for topping
First, slice the cherry tomatoes (or baby plum) in half and add to a non stick pan with 1/2 tbsp of olive oil, chopped garlic, thyme leaves, balsamic, salt and pepper
Saute the tomatoes on a medium heat, as they start to soften use a spatula or wooden spoon to lightly squash the tomatoes to create a sauce..
After around 7-8 minutes add the cannellini beans ( save 2 tbsp of the cooking liquid from the can and add that too) cook the beans for around 3-5 minutes.
Once the beans have softened slightly turn off the heat and set aside for 2 minutes to cool. Add the arugula/rocket and mix through. Add a good pinch of salt and pepper then top with prosciutto, baby mozzarella and a drizzle of olive oil and a few torn basil leaves.
Variations - How To Adapt This White Bean Salad;
- Add your favourite salad leaves, good ones would be radicchio, chicory or spinach
- Add vegetables such as zucchini (courgette) or bell peppers. Try adding shredded zucchini or raw zucchini ribbons.
- Fresh or dried herbs such as fennel seeds, chili flakes, tarragon, parsley
- You could even top with a poached or fried egg to turn it into a brunch
- Leave out the prosciutto and enjoy as a side with pork chops, steak or roast chicken
- Serve with crusty bread or char grilled ciabatta
Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 6g | Sodium: 222mg | Potassium: 177mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 8.8% | Vitamin C: 24.5% | Calcium: 7.2% | Iron: 15.8%