Easy and delicious baked stuffed tomatoes made with creamy orzo and mushroom pasta and chunks of mozzarella cheese.
How To Use The Leftover Juice From The Tomatoes
Ok, don't throw away that delicious tomato pulp you removed from the tomatoes because it can be used to make the most delicious pasta sauce! Here's how to do it;
- Put all the pulp into a blender and blend for a few seconds until it's all broken up and has a smooth consistency.
- Put the blended juice through a sieve to get rid of any seeds (these can make the sauce bitter).
- Saute minced garlic and 4 salted anchovy fillets to a pan until the anchovies have started to break down and garlic is fragrant.
- Add the tomato juice with a good pinch of pepper and cook down for 10 minutes. Add salt if needed.
- Add torn fresh basil and any salt if needed.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce and toss to coat, serve.
Baked Orzo Stuffed Tomatoes
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14g
Saturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 52g
Dietary Fiber 7g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.