Soft and light homemade gnocchi tossed in a simple yet delicious brown butter and sage sauce. Whether you make the gnocchi from scratch or choose storebought this simple dinner has a beautiful flavour which fits both busy weeknights or an elegant dinner party.
Extra Tips For Making The Sauce;
- Use a light coloured pan, if you're unsure. It helps keep track of the colour of the butter whilst it's browning.
- Add the sage or herb of choice when the butter starts foaming.
- When the butter starts to foam watch it carefully and swirl the pan once or twice until it starts to brown.
- When the butter is a light brown colour remove it from the heat to stop it burning.
- This sauce only takes 1 minute or two to make so make sure your pasta, gnocchi or whatever you're serving it with is almost ready when you start it.
- If you're making the sauce to serve over or with meat then cook the meat first and start the sauce as the meat rests.
Other Ways To Use This Brown Butter Sage Sauce
You don't need to stop at gnocchi when it comes to this simple sauce it can be used in so many other ways, here are some ideas;
- Toss with fresh pasta with lashings of freshly grated parmesan cheese. This is another simple favourite, I have a similar recipe here just use browned butter infused with sage.
- This sauce would work great with chicken, try adding a touch of lemon too!
- Over steak would be delicious, even try adding garlic and swapping the sage for thyme!
Gnocchi with Brown Butter and Sage Sauce
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20g
Saturated Fat 13g
Total Carbohydrates 39g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.