Tender sauteed broccolini tossed with homemade pesto, crunchy pine nuts, and fiery chilli. This is a side dish that goes with anything from roast meats to fish or simply eaten as it is as a light lunch. It's so simple yet full of flavour!
How To Test The Broccolini Is Done
The cooking time depends on how much you have in the pan and how crowded it is. If the pan is overcrowded the broccolini won't cook evenly so make sure you have a pan large enough.
This recipe takes around 10 minutes to saute but to check that the broccolini is done try inserting a sharp knife into the thickest part of the stock. If it goes in easily the broccolini is done. Alternatively simply cut a piece and taste it to make sure it's to your liking, it should still have a bite to it.
What To Serve Your Sauteed Broccolini With
- My Simple Lemon Roast Chicken
- Breaded Chicken Cutlets (easy recipe made with no egg or flour)
- Grilled or roasted fish such as salmon
- Any roasted meats
- Try adding to salads
- Enjoy as it is
Top Tips For Making Sauteed Broccolini With Pesto, Pine Nuts & Chilli
- Parboil the broccoli first to speed up the cooking time
- Use homemade pesto, it takes 2 minutes and makes a huge difference to the flavour
- No pine nuts? You could also use walnuts, hazelnuts or cashews
- Feel free to omit the chilli or reduce it to your liking
- If you don’t have fresh chilli then add a small amount of chilli flakes either to the pesto or sprinkle on top
- Season the broccolini after parboiling it with a little salt but remember the pesto will also add seasoning