Mozzarella Bocconcini, Pesto and Sun-Blushed Tomatoes
Mozzarella Bocconcini balls tossed with homemade basil pesto and sun-blushed tomatoes. This simple recipe makes a perfect light lunch, appetiser or antipasto served with crackers or chargrilled crostini.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 cups bocconcini mozzarella balls (480-500g)
- ½ cup sun-blushed tomatoes (90g)
- 2 cups fresh basil (30g)
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 small clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (45ml)
- ¼ cup grated parmigiano reggiano or pecorino romano cheese (25g)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
Put all the pesto ingredients in a bowl and blitz until smooth using a hand-held blender. You can also do this in a mortar and pestle.
Put the mozzarella and sun-blushed tomatoes in a mixing bowl. Add the pesto and toss to combine.
Transfer into a serving bowl. Serve as a salad, side or antipasto with some crackers or toasted crostini.
- Use good quality mozzarella balls such as mozzarella di bufula.
- If you can't find sun-blushed tomatoes you can use sundried tomatoes in oil.
- Making it in advance - if you want to prep it ahead of time you can make the pesto a couple of hours in advance. Toss everything together just before serving.
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 98mg | Potassium: 45mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 457IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 184mg | Iron: 1mg