Creamy ‘Nduja Pasta Sauce with Baby Spinach
The most delicious Creamy 'Nduja Pasta Sauce made with cherry tomatoes, white wine, spicy 'Nduja salami and a splash of cream. This pasta is addictively delicious and super quick and easy to make. Serve with lots of crusty bread for mopping up the sauce!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb dried or fresh pasta (450g)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes cut in half (350g)
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 shallot finely sliced
- ⅓ cup dry white wine (80ml)
- ½ cup heavy cream (110ml)
- ½ cup reserved pasta water
- 1.4 oz ‘Nduja (2 tablespoons/40g)
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons grated parmesan
- Salt to season
Get all of your ingredients prepared (slice cherry tomatoes in half, finely slice the shallot and crush the garlic).
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta to the water at step 5.
Add 1-2 tablespoon of olive oil to a large pan and add the shallot. Saute on a medium heat until softened.
Next, add the cherry tomatoes, ‘Nduja and garlic. Saute until the tomatoes soften and start to break down (help them along by crushing them slightly with the side of a wooden spoon or spatula).
Add the pasta to the salted boiling water and cook until al dente (around 8 minutes for dried pasta).
Once softened, add the white wine and reduce it by half. Add ½ cup pasta water and the cream and a pinch of salt then simmer for around 5 minutes.
Add the cooked pasta to the sauce with the baby spinach and stir until the spinach has wilted. Add the parmesan and stir to combine. Serve with more parmesan on top.
- Prepare your ingredients in advance - it's much easier to follow a recipe when all the ingredients have been prepped. Thankfully this is super easy, simply cut the tomatoes in half, slice the shallot and crush the garlic.
- Adjust the ingredients as desired - want a spicier kick? add more 'Nduja or add more cream for a mellower, creamy flavour.
- Make it alcohol free - if you don't want to use wine you can leave it out and replace it with more pasta water but it really adds a delicious flavour so I recommend using it.
- Leftovers & storage - heat up leftovers in a pan with a splash of water to loosen, the pasta can also be eaten cold and will last up to 2-3 days in the fridge.
Calories: 615kcal | Carbohydrates: 91g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 226mg | Potassium: 589mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2311IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 3mg