White Bean Dip
This easy White Bean Dip is smooth, creamy and absolutely delicious. Made with creamy taleggio cheese and garlic, it's the perfect appetizer for parties and to serve with drinks! Ready in 5 minutes.
Servings: 8 people
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 14 oz cannellini beans drained and rinsed (400g)
- ½ cup Taleggio cheese cut into cubes (90g)
- ½ cup mascarpone (125g)
- ⅓ cup cream (80ml)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to season
Rinse the beans in warm water for a couple of seconds until warm, alternatively warm up in a skillet (frying pan).
Add the beans, taleggio, garlic, cream, mascarpone and a pinch of salt and pepper to a food processor and blitz on high speed until silky smooth.
If the mixture looks grainy keep on blitzing until smooth.
Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with crackers, breadsticks or veggies.
- You need to warm up the beans either by rinsing them in warm water for a few seconds or warming them up in a skillet (frying pan). It helps create a super smooth and creamy texture.
- If you feel the dip is too thick then add a splash of warm water (around 1 tbsp) to help loosen it.
- Feel free to adapt it with another cheese of your choice just make sure it's a soft cheese.
- Store leftovers in the fridge and bring to room temperature before serving, you may need to blitz again with a splash of warm water or warm up in a skillet.
Calories: 92kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 218mg | Potassium: 6mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 292IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 1mg