Mediterranean Tuna Melt
This is the best tuna melt I've ever tasted! With a Mediterranean twist of artichokes, sun dried tomatoes and olives topped with mozzarella cheese and balsamic glaze. It's so delicious you'll love it!
Servings: 4 people
- 4 slices crusty white bread medium size
- 160 g tin tuna in olive oil, drained
- 50 g artichokes ,drained
- 50 g sun dried tomatoes ,drained
- 80 g mozzarella
- 1 small handful basil (around 3g)
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon oregano dried
- 1 small handful arugula/rocket
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to season
- 1-2 teaspoon balsamic glaze
Put the slices of bread under the grill and toast on one side, set aside but keep the grill on.
Roughly chop the artichokes and sun dried tomatoes then add to a bowl with the tuna, fennel seeds, oregano and basil. Season with salt and pepper and mix to combine all ingredients.
Add a small handful of arugula/rocket to the un-toasted side of each slice of bread. Top with equal amounts of tuna mixture then top with equal amounts of mozzarella.
Place under the grill until the mozzarella is melted, golden and bubbling. Drizzle with a little balsamic glaze and serve.