Easy Healthy Granola with Honey and Nuts
A healthy granola recipe made with honey, nuts, seeds and dried fruit. This recipe is so easy to make and makes enough for a whole week of yummy breakfasts.
Servings: 7 cups (around 800g)
- 3 cups (300g) rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups (175g) mixed whole nuts
- 1/2 cup (70g) pumpkin seeds , unsalted
- 1 cup (140g) dried fruit , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) orange juice
- 1/4 cup (60g) brown sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil plus 1-2 drops for greasing
Preheat the oven to 180 degreesC/350F/gas mark 4 and line two large baking trays with baking parchment. Drizzle the trays with a couple drops of sunflower oil and brush over the lined trays.
Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl apart from the dried fruit.
Place the orange juice, sugar and honey in a saucepan over a medium heat and heat it gently, stirring occasionally until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in 2 tbsp sunflowers oil.
Pour the orange/honey mixture over the granola mix and toss until completely coated.
Spread the oat mixture in thin layers on the baking trays and bake for around 10 mins or until starting to turn golden. You need to keep an eye on the granola so it does not burn. Toss the granola and bake for another 5 minutes.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely. Add the chopped dried fruit and toss. Store in airtight containers for up to one month.
Serve with milk or Greek yoghurt and fresh berries.
Optional Granola Ingredient Ideas
- If you are using desiccated coconut then add this at the very last stage with dried fruit as it will burn easily in the oven.
- unsalted nuts of your choice (almonds, walnuts, pistachios, cashews etc)
- dried fruit (raisins, sultanas, banana chips, goji berries, pineapple, figs etc)
- Desiccated coconut or finely sliced coconut
- Freeze dried fruits (raspberries/strawberries etc)
- Mixed seeds (unsalted)