Whipped ricotta dip recipe
Super smooth and creamy Whipped Ricotta Dip topped with sweet roasted tomatoes! This dip has a beautiful taste of lemon and herbs and is perfect served with some char-grilled ciabatta bread!
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 cup ricotta (500g)
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese freshly grated
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes (200g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
Cut the tomatoes in half and place in a baking tray. Sprinkle with chopped thyme, salt, pepper and half ½ tablespoon of olive oil. Roast for 15-20 minutes then remove to set aside and cool.
Put the ricotta, lemon, parmesan and a pinch of psalt and pepper to a food processor, blitz until smooth (a couple of seconds).
Add the ricotta dip to a serving plate or shallow bowl and make a small well in the middle. Add the roasted tomatoes, drizzle with a touch of olive oil, a sprinkle of salt and pepper and a few extra thyme leaves. Serve with crusty bread or crackers.
- Whipping - You only need to whip the ricotta for a few seconds it turns smooth and creamy almost instantly.
- Variations - Feel free to experiment with new flavours, this dip is super versatile and can be mixed with different herbs and spices
- Storing - will last 2-3 days in the fridge, do not freeze.
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 65mg | Potassium: 131mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 452IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 141mg | Iron: 1mg