Fried zucchini pizza bites
Looking for a fun party snack or appetizer? These Fried Zucchini Pizza Bites are sure to impress! Coated in crispy and crunchy breadcrumbs then topped with tomato sauce and bubbling mozzarella cheese. Super fun and delicious!
Servings: 12 Servings
- 2 zucchini
- 1.5 cup breadcrumbs (130g)
- 2 eggs whisked
- ⅔ cup crushed strained tomatoes (passata) 150g
- 3 heaped tbsp plain flour
- 1 cup mozzarella (125g)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to season
- olive oil for frying
Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
Arrange the flour, breadcrumbs and eggs into seperate dishes and add a pinch of salt to each of them.
Slice the zucchini into rounds about ¼ inch thick and toss them in the flour, shake to remove any excess then dip the slices one by one in the egg and then roll in breadcrumbs until completely covered.
Add around ¼ inch of olive oil to a frying pan under a medium heat and fry the zucchini slices in batches until golden brown on each side. Set aside on kitchen paper for a minute to drain.
Add the oregano, tomatoes and a pinch of salt and pepper to a bowl, mix together. Place the zucchini slices on a lined baking tray and top each slice with equal amounts of tomato and then mozzarella.
Bake in the oven for around 15 minutes until the mozzarella is bubbling and melted. Serve warm.
- Breading - I recommend using a fork to dip the zucchini in egg and breadcrumbs, it's less messy.
- Toppings - you can get creative with the toppings why not try different cheese or salami?
- leftovers - leftover pizza bites will keep well in the fridge for 1-2 days but are best served immediately.
Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 174mg | Potassium: 190mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 239IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 1mg