Red Pesto (sun-dried tomato)
This is the easiest Red Pesto recipe made with sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and lemon. This sun-dried tomato pesto is whipped up using a blender in less than 5 minutes giving you an umami, rich and intensely flavoured spread that can be used in so many ways, absolutely delicious!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 cups sun dried tomatoes in oil (300g)
- 1 clove garlic
- squeeze of lemon
- 3-4 tablespoon reserved oil from jar
Spoon the sun dried tomatoes into a bowl, do not add all the oil just as much as comes out when transferring them into a bowl.
Add the garlic, and squeeze of lemon to the bowl. Blitz it all together to a thick paste using a handheld blender.
- Make sure to use sun-dried tomatoes that are jarred in oil and scoop them out before blending. I like to keep the jarred oil just in case the pesto is too thick and needs a little help to become smoother. Just add a little at a time until you get the right consistency.
- DO NOT season the pesto with salt until you have tasted it, high chances are that is doesn't need any at all because sun-dried tomatoes are already well seasoned.
- You can also add in some pine nuts for a nutty flavour just make sure to keep some oil as you'll need it to blend the pesto.
- If you're not using the pesto the same day then store it in a jar and cover it with oil. It'll keep well in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- You can also freeze this pesto and thaw as needed.
Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 98mg | Potassium: 574mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 472IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg