Creamy Italian Potato & Zucchini Soup
Zucchini potato soup simply made with zucchini, potato, garlic, onion and chicken stock it's comforting, warm and creamy
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion , diced (white onion UK)
- 2 cloves garlic , minced or grated
- 3 medium zucchini (courgettes) , grated using a box grater (900g/1.9 lbs)
- 1 large potato , cut into medium-sized chunks
- 4 cups chicken stock (1 litre)
- 1 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 knob (1 tbsp) butter (optional)
Add olive oil to a large pot and saute the onion until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute longer.
Add the grated zucchini and saute for 1-2 minutes.
Add the potatoes and chicken stock and bring to boil. Once boiling turn down to a simmer and simmer for 20 minutes.
Turn off the heat and using a handheld blender (immersion blender) blend the soup until smooth and creamy.
Stir in the grated parmesan and butter if using and season with salt and pepper.
- Use high-quality chicken stock for best flavour.
- If your stock is high in sodium you probably won't need to season with more salt so taste it before adding.
- You can also use vegetable stock.
- This soup is delicious served with a hunk of crusty bread or grilled ciabatta drizzled in olive oil.
- Serve with an extra grating of parmesan, it melts on top and adds an extra cheesy kick!
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days or frozen.
Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 112mg | Potassium: 1008mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 294IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 4mg