Grilled Zucchini Salad with Melon & Prosciutto
A simple Grilled Zucchini Salad made with juicy melon, prosciutto, toasted pine nuts and a zingy vinaigrette dressing. So delicious!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 small cantaloupe melon , scooped with melon baller or cut into medium-sized chunks
- 7 oz Prosciutto (200g)
- 2 zucchini , thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 small handful basil , finely chopped
- 1 small handful mint , finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
For the vinaigrette
- 3 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 squeeze lemon
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
Heat a griddle pan on a medium to high heat. Drizzle the sliced zucchini with 1-2 tablespoon of olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper then grill for 1-2 minutes on each side until cooked through and nice and charred. Set aside on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
In a small dry pan toast the pine nuts for around 30 seconds until browned and set aside. To make the dressing put all the ingredients in a bowl with a little salt and pepper and whisk until combined. Taste and add more honey if desired and set aside.
On serving plates place a few slices of zucchini followed by strips of prosciutto and melon. Sprinkle over some toasted pine nuts and fresh chopped basil and mint. Drizzle with the dressing and add a sprinkle of pepper then serve.
- You can prep the zucchini in advance by grilling it and storing it in the fridge until you are ready to eat.
- You can also prep the vinaigrette so when you are ready to serve all you need to do is assemble the salad.
- Try and cut the zucchini (courgettes) thinly around ¼ inch or ½ cm so they cook quicker.
- You can use an indoor griddle pan or grill them outside on the BBQ to grill the zucchini.
- You can also roast the zucchini in the oven for around 8-10 minutes until soft.
- There's no need to salt the zucchini before making this salad.
- You don't need to use a melon baller to cut the melon you can just cut it into small chunks.
Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 337mg | Potassium: 384mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 285IU | Vitamin C: 17.8mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg