Easy Green Bean Salad with Mustard and Garlic Dressing
A fresh, vibrant and Delicious Easy Green Bean Salad tossed with a simple mustard and garlic dressing. This salad is perfect as a side dish or light lunch and is ready in only 10 minutes!
Servings: 4 people
- 14 oz fresh French green beans (400g)
- 4 radishes , finely sliced
- 1 cup radicchio or red chicory chopped (140g)
- 10 cherry tomatoes , cut in half
- 1 small handful fresh basil , chopped
For the dressing
- 2 tsp djion mustard
- zest and juice of half a lemon
- 1 clove garlic , crushed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper , to season
Fill a large bowl with cold/icy water then bring a large salted pot of water to the boil. Trim the ends of the green beans then boil for 1-2 minutes, drain then plunge into the bowl of cold water. This will stop the green beans from cooking and keep their vibrant green colour.
Pat dry and place in a large bowl along with the tomatoes, radicchio and radishes. Tear in some basil reserving some for garnish.
To make the dressing, put the mustard, garlic, lemon juice and zest and olive oil in a bowl and mix together. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
pour the dressing over the green bean salad and toss together until it's evenly coated. Add and extra pinch of salt and pepper if needed.
Serve in one large serving plate or individual plates, garnish with remaining basil. Enjoy.
- Use the freshest and highest quality vegetables you can get
- Toss the green beans in the dressing when they are still warm so they absorb the flavours better
- You can make everything in advance and store it at room temperature for a few hours or in the fridge for a couple of days
- Leftovers will store well in the fridge for a few days but I don't recommend freezing.
Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 43mg | Potassium: 342mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 919IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1mg