Tuna White Bean Salad
This Cannellini White Bean Salad is incredibly delicious, made with tuna, fresh basil, and zingy lemon. It's light, fresh and ready in under 10 minutes, perfect for lunch or as a healthy side dish.
Servings: 4 people
- 5.6 oz (160g) tuna , in oil
- 1.5 lbs (720g) cannellini beans (2 cans)
- 1 red onion
- a large handful of basil
- zest of 1 lemon
- ½ lemon juice , freshly squeezed
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
Drain and rinse the cannellini beans and place in a large bowl then drain the tuna and add to the bowl.
Finely chop the red onion and add to the bowl with the cannellini beans and tuna. Grate the zest of 1 lemon over the tuna and beans then squeeze over the juice of half the lemon. Season with salt and pepper.
Finely chop the basil and add to the bowl along with 2-3 tablespoon olive oil (add more if desired). Stir everything until combined. Enjoy.
Top Tips for Making White Bean Salad
- Use good quality tuna and make sure it's from a sustainable source.
- Quality also goes for the cannellini beans, don't go for the cheapest as they tend to be harder and not as tasty.
- Make sure to rinse the cannellini beans before adding to the salad.
- You can use tuna canned in water or oil.
- Serves 4 as a main or 6 as a side.
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 465mg | Potassium: 111mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 115mg | Iron: 4.4mg