Vibrant Green Soup Recipe
This vibrant green soup is made with simple, healthy ingredients and has so many delicious flavours. It's light and easy to make, making it a great weeknight dinner option or a lazy weekend lunch
Servings: 6 people
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 onion , yellow/white
- 1 1/4 cup (280g) cannellini beans , pre-cooked canned
- 1/2 cup homemade pesto , see recipe link below
- 8 cup (4 litres) chicken stock/broth
- 1 brassica rapa (bok choy) , cut into thin strips
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- parmesan for topping (optional)
Finely chop the carrot, celery and onion. Heat the olive oil in a large pot and saute the chopped veg until soft but not browned (6-7 minutes).
Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
Once boiling, add the bok choy (or greens of your choice) and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add pre-cooked cannellini beans and homemade pesto, stir the pesto into the stock, season with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Simmer for another 10 minutes. Serve with an extra sprinkling of pepper and a little parmesan if desired.
- Homemade Pesto Recipe Here.
- Brassica rapa or bok choy can be replaced with spinach, kale or any greens of your choice.
- If substituting brassica rapa for spinach, kale or a green without thick stalks then add it at the same time as the beans and pesto (simmer the soup for 10 minutes before proceeding to this step). If replacing with cabbage, follow directions as normal.
- Substitute the brassica rapa for roughly, 80g (2.8oz) chopped spinach, kale, cabbage.
Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 497mg | Potassium: 700mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 8400IU | Vitamin C: 65.2mg | Calcium: 233mg | Iron: 3mg