No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
A no bake chocolate cheesecake made with an oreo cookie base, dark chocolate, mascarpone cheese, marshmallows and a hint of coffee.
Servings: 16 servings
- 24 oreo cookies (264g)
- 4.9 oz (140g) butter
- 10.5 oz (300g) dark chocolate good quality
- 6.1 oz (175g) marshmallows , cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup (110g) mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbsp strong espresso
- 1/3 cup (80ml) 1/3 cup water
- 1 very small pinch smoked sea salt flakes (or regular)
- unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting (optional)
- 4 heaped tbsp ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp fine granulated sugar
First, melt half of the butter in a saucepan. Add the oreo cookies to a food processor (whole cookies including the white filling). Blitz the cookies to a fine crumb whilst adding the melted butter.
Add the crumbs to a lined cake tin (8.5 inch/22cm) and press it firmly with the back of a metal spoon to create a smooth, even layer. Place it in the fridge while you make the filling.
Cut the marshamallows into small pieces and brake up the chocolate into small chunks. Add them both to a large saucepan with the espresso, water and remaining half of the butter (cut into cubes).
Melt the mixture over a low/medium heat and stir the mixture until everything has completely melted. When there are only a few lumps of marshmallows left, turn the heat off and add the mascarpone.
Stir the marscarpone into the chocolate mixture until combined and add a tiny pinch of sea salt.
If there are still a few lumps of marshmallows left then turn the heat back on for a few seconds and stir until melted.
Remove the chocolate cheesecake base from the fridge and pour the chocolate filling into the tin. Place it back in the fridge to set for at least 1 hour (preferably 2-3). Dust with unsweetened cocoa powder before serving (optional).
For topping (optional)
Add the ricotta to a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth and creamy. Add the sugar and sieve in the cocoa powder. Mix everything together, taste and add more sugar if necessary.
Add the mixture to a piping bag with a large star shaped nozzle. Pipe the frosting around the edge of the cheesecake and serve.
- Try adding orange zest, mint, vanilla or your favourite flavourings into the chocolate mixture.
- Replace the espresso with water if you don't want a coffee flavour.
- Overall time excludes chilling time.
- Can be frozen. Cut into individual portions before freezing, wrap in baking parchment and place in a sealed container. Let it thaw completely before serving.
- An 8.5inch/22cm cake tin (these come in a set of 3. They are great non-stick pans that I've used for a long time).
- My very favourite pink spatula (I use this for everything from making making sauces, stews, baking and scraping every last drop of pesto out the food processor!)
No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 12g75%
Vitamin A 330IU7%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 171mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 330IU | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 3.8mg