Pan Fried Gnocchi
Pan fried gnocchi are soft and fluffy on the inside and crispy and delicious on the outside. These delicious little bites are incredibly easy to make and make a great quick side dish, appetizer or snack.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 lb store bought fresh gnocchi *see notes (500g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 large sprig rosemary
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the fresh gnocchi and toss so they are coated in the oil, add the rosemary.
Fry the gnocchi tossing every now and then so they get crispy on all sides for around 8-10 minutes.
Once the gnocchi are crispy on all sides, season them with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Serve them as a side for dinner or as an appetizer with dips.
Other Ways To Enjoy Fried Gnocchi
- *Store bought gnocchi are found in the refrigerated pasta section. Not to be confused with the dried pasta gnocchi variety.
- The gnocchi should be just crispy on the outside. Don't fry them for too long or the centre will firm up on you'll lose the soft, fluffy centre.
- Serves 4 as a side dish or 6-8 as an appetizer
- Add garlic and parmesan
- Add pancetta/bacon, parmesan and fresh basil
- Drizzle with basil pesto
- Add sauteed onions
- Serve with steak and drizzle with parmesan cream sauce (my absolute favourite)
Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 394mg | Fiber: 3g | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 4mg