White Truffle Cacio E Pepe Recipe
White truffle cacio e pepe recipe. Fast, flavourful and absolutely delicious. This cheese and pepper pasta is great when you need dinner fast.
Servings: 4 people
- 14 oz (400g) spaghetti
- ½ cup (60g) pecorino cheese , finely grated
- ½ cup (50g) parmesan cheese , finely grated
- 1.2 oz (35g) butter
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon white truffle oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large pinch pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and boil until al dente make sure to keep 1 cup (250ml) pasta water.
Add the butter and olive oil to a large pan and melt the butter until it's sizzling then turn off the heat and add the white truffle oil.
Drain the pasta and add it to the melted butter and oil. Add the grated cheese with a pinch of salt and a good grinding of pepper.
Add around ¼ of the reserved pasta water and toss the pasta with the cheese until it starts to melt and turns into a cheese sauce. If it's a little thick then add another splash of pasta water.
Serve in big bowls with an extra few drops of truffle oil if desired (taste first it's strong).
- You won't need all the pasta water but reserve 1 cup (250ml) just in case. The sauce should just coat the pasta without being too thick.
- Make sure to use a fine grater to grate the cheese, if it's grated too coarsely it won't melt as easily and the cheese can clump together instead of emulsifying into a sauce.
Calories: 680kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 905mg | Potassium: 273mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 565IU | Calcium: 686mg | Iron: 1.8mg