Easy Tiramisu Recipe
This easy Tiramisu is seriously the best ever recipe I've tried (and I've tried many tiramisu in my time). It's not only quick but it's so simple, uses few ingredients and is an authentic, classic Italian recipe that will never get old! Serve this Tiramisu recipe to your family or friends and they will love you forever!
Servings: 8 people
- 1.1 lbs (500g) mascarpone
- 24 (roughly) ladyfingers (savoiardi biscuits)
- 6.7 fl oz (200ml) Espresso or strong brewed coffee
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate , grated
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 7 tbsp coffee liqueur
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
First, you need to divide the egg yolk and egg whites in two separate bowls and add 3 tbsps of sugar to each. Whisk the egg whites until they are stiff and glossy.
Then continue to the egg yolks and whisk those with an electric whisk until pale and thick.
Add 4 tbsp of coffee liqueur to the egg yolks followed by the mascarpone and mix together until smooth.
Next, add one third of the whisked egg whites to the mascarpone mixture and gently fold it in as you would with a cake batter. Continue with the remaining whites a third at a time until it's completed incorporated.
Mix the espresso and 3 tbsp coffee liqueur in a shallow bowl and dip in the lady fingers (savoiardi biscuits). You want to dip them into the liquid quickly (around 3-5 seconds) whilst turning to soak each side.
Lay the ladyfingers in a glass or ceramic dish until you have one even layer. You can brake some biscuits to fit your dish .
Next, add half of the mascarpone mixture over the biscuits and spread out in an even layer, top with some grated dark chocolate.
Continue with another layer of ladyfingers and mascarpone as directed above. Finally, dust with cocoa powder and chill in the fridge for roughly 6-8 hours.
Tips For Making This Easy Tiramisu;
- Always start whisking the egg whites first and then go on to the egg yolks. If you add yolk to the whites they will collapse and won't become stiff peaks and glossy like you need them (unless you wash you beaters first). Adding whites to yolk is fine!
- Make sure the mascarpone is room temperature to avoid lumps when mixing into the yolks.
- The cocoa powder will darken as it soaks into the mascarpone mixture in the fridge, you can add an extra sprinkling just before serving if you prefer.
- Leave the Tiramisu in the fridge for at least 6 hours, overnight is even better. This gives the ladyfingers a chance to soften and soak up the flavours and gives the whole dessert a chance to develop and become extra delicious.
- I used an 8x10 inch dish to make this Tiramisu you may need more or less ladyfingers according to your dish size.
Easy Tiramisu Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 306
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 20g125%
Vitamin A 1075IU22%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Calories: 470kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 187mg | Sodium: 78mg | Potassium: 92mg | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 1075IU | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 1.5mg