Italian Affogato Recipe
This Affogato recipe is the easiest dessert to whip up when you're entertaining or want a sweet treat after dinner.
Servings: 1 serving
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream high quality
- 1 shot espresso
- 1 tbsp nut or coffee liqueur (optional)
- dark chocolate , for grating on top
Brew an espresso (one per person). Scoop 1-2 scoops of vanilla ice cream into a wide glass or bowl and pour over a shot of espresso.
Pour 1 tbsp of nocino nut liqueur or your liqueur of choice over the ice cream and grate over a little dark chocolate.
- Coffee - Use espresso coffee (100% arabica is best) or 3-4 tbsp of strong brewed coffee. To make the coffee use an Italian moka pot or coffee machine.
- Liqueur (optional) - I love to add a splash of liqueur such as Nocino or Frangelico(nut liqueur), a coffee-based liqueur or Cointreau.
- Toppins - If you want to add a bit of crunchy texture then chopped hazelnuts are delicious on top, you could also sprinkle over some grated chocolate.
- Serving glasses - a small drinking glass is best for serving this dessert, it should be just big enough to hold the ice cream.
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 262mg | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 555IU | Calcium: 169mg