The easiest parsley pesto made with simple ingredients and ready in only 2 minutes! You can use this pesto in so many ways from pasta, with fish or chicken, in salads, sandwiches or as a dip. It's the easiest way to add a ton of flavor to your food!
Servings: 1 cup (enough to serve 4 with pasta)
- 2 oz (60g) flat leaf parsley ( 2 large handfuls)
- 1 heaped tbsp pine nuts
- 1 squeeze lemon juice (around 1 tsp)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp parmigiano reggiano or pecorino cheese freshly grated
- 4 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Yes, you can freeze pesto. Transfer it into an ice cube tray or store it in small plastic containers and freeze for up to 6 months.
- Toss with you favourite pasta
- Spread on the base of a sandwich
- Toss with spinach and serve as a side
- Toss with any salad for extra flavour
- Serve with roast chicken or grilled fish
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 522
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 8g50%
Vitamin A 5055IU101%
Vitamin C 80.8mg98%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Calories: 547kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 58g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 115mg | Potassium: 332mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 5055IU | Vitamin C: 80.8mg | Calcium: 142mg | Iron: 4mg