Strawberry Tiramisu with White Chocolate
Light, creamy and delicious Strawberry Tiramisu made with juicy strawberries, Cointreau liqueur, and shavings of white chocolate. It's a fresh and summery spin on the classic Italian dessert that's just as delicious and easy to make.
Servings: 8 servings
- 4 cups (400g) fresh strawberries finely sliced
- 2 1/4 cups (500g) mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 3 large egg white
- 4 large egg yolks
- 6 tbsp light brown sugar
- 10.5 oz (200g) ladyfingers or Savoiardi biscuits
- 4 tbsp Cointreau liqueur
- 3 heaped tbsp strawberry jam
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 2-3 square white chocolate for grating
Add 3 large egg whites to a bowl with 3 tbsp sugar and whisk to stiff peaks. In a separate bowl whisk together 4 egg yolks and 2 tbsp sugar until light, creamy and doubled in size.
Top Tip: DO NOT let any egg yolk touch the egg whites as the fat will stop the whites from whipping and can cause them to collapse. It's ok if there is a little egg white in with the yolks though.
Add the mascarpone in with the beaten egg yolks and whisk until incorporated with no lumps. Add 2 tbsp Cointreau or liqueur of choice and stir to combine..
Fold in the egg whites using a spatula or wooden spoon being careful not to knock too much air out. Fold gently until completely incorporated.
Add strawberry jam and water to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour into a shallow bowl and let cool Once cooled add 2 tbsp Cointreau and stir.
.Dunk the biscuits into the cooled liquid and line the bottom of a baking dish, you might need to break a few biscuits or change direction to fit your dish.
Once you have one layer top with the mascarpone mixture, use just under half because you want the top layer to have slightly more. Spread it all over evenly then top with sliced strawberries and grated white chocolate.
Continue with another layer of biscuits followed by the rest of the mascarpone, sliced strawberries and grated white chocolate.
Cover with cling film (plastic wrap) and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or 8 if possible. The longer you leave it the better because the biscuits get a chance to soak up all the extra flavour.
Top Tips for Making Strawberry Tiramisu
- I used a 7x11 inch baking dish for this recipe
- You can use any berry or fruit for this dessert, try raspberries or even blood oranges
- Adjust the liqueur to your liking
- Make sure to soak the lady's fingers for around 3 seconds each side otherwise they won't soften so easily. If using an Italian brand this will be much less around 1 second each side as they are much more absorbent.
- Snap or cut the biscuits to fit your dish also try arranging them in different directions as I have in photo 10.
- Make sure the mascarpone is at room temperature before whisking into the egg yolks to avoid lumps.
Calories: 586kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 238mg | Sodium: 126mg | Potassium: 285mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 1220IU | Vitamin C: 69.5mg | Calcium: 157mg | Iron: 2.1mg