Blood Orange Cocktail
A fruity, juicy and delicious Blood Orange Cocktail made with gin, fresh blood oranges and garnished with thyme.
Servings: 1 cocktail
- ½ blood orange freshly squeezed
- ½ measure (15ml) Cointreau
- ½ measure (15ml) Blood orange gin or gin of choice
- 1 measure (30ml) Prosecco to top up
- 1 slice blood orange for garnish
- 1 sprig thyme
First, squeeze the juice from half a blood orange into a jug.
Add half a shot of blood orange gin and half a shot of Cointreau and mix.
Pour the mixture over a glass filled with ice and top up with prosecco, garnish with a slice of blood orange and sprig of thyme.
- Can't find blood orange gin? You can replace it with your favourite brand instead
- This cocktail will also work well with regular oranges
- I don't recommend replacing the prosecco with white wine, it needs a sparkle
- It's much better to squeeze the orange juice into a separate jug and stir in the liqueurs so you can pour it neatly into a serving glass
- On that note, the freshly squeezed orange juice makes a difference so don't substitute orange juice in a carton if possible (unless high quality).
Calories: 106kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Sodium: 3mg | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin C: 12.5mg