Herby Garlic Butter Pasta Sauce
Incredibly simple, fast and super delicious Garlic Butter Pasta Sauce made with fresh herbs and tossed with your favourite long pasta. This sauce doesn't get any easier and is ready by the time your pasta is cooked!
Servings: 4 servings
- 14 oz (400g) long pasta such as spaghetti or linguine
- 2 cups (40g) fresh basil
- 2 tablespoon fresh chives
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon thyme
- 2 tablespoon fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- 2 tbsp (30g) Butter
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 4 tablespoon Pecorino freshly grated
- 3 tablespoon Olive oil
- Zest and juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup (80ml) reserved pasta water
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to packet instructions until al dente,
Meanwhile, add all the herbs to a food processor with juice and zest of half a lemon, olive oil, 3 tablespoon pecorino and a small pinch of salt and pepper. Blitz until combined.
Add butter and oil to medium sized skillet (frying pan) and heat until butter has melted. Add the garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes until soft but not browned.
Add the herb mixture and stir to combine, cook for 1 minute then add ⅓ of pasta water, cook for another minute.
Add cooked pasta, toss until evenly coated in the sauce and serve with more freshly grated pecorino.
Extra Tips for Making This Sauce
- Make sure your pasta water is boiling before adding the pasta and well salted (unsalted pasta water is a big no no for flavour).
- Make sure to not overcook your pasta of choice, follow the packet instructions until it's al dente. For 400g or 14oz of spaghetti or linguine I cook it for around 8-9 minutes.
- Don't be tempted to use dried herbs, this isn't a recipe that just requires a little sprinkle of herbs it uses a lot, they're the main focus and they need to be fresh.
- Make sure not to burn the garlic or it'll turn bitter. Cook it for 1-2 minutes until soft but not browned.
Calories: 575kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 133mg | Potassium: 690mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 7995IU | Vitamin C: 47.9mg | Calcium: 348mg | Iron: 7.3mg