Tuna Panzanella Salad
Panzanella Salad made with seared tuna steaks, juicy and sweet cherry tomatoes, salty olives and crunchy cucumber. It's tossed with a simple and easy dressing and homemade croutons. The salad can be prepped ahead making it perfect for lunch on the go or a light dinner.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 Tuna steaks 300g
- 2 1/2 cups Tomatoes cut in half (300g)
- 1/2 Red onion finely sliced
- 1 cup Cucumber finely sliced (150g)
- 1 cup Olives mixed (150g)
- 7 oz Ciabatta bread cut into cubes (200g)
- 1 tbsp parmesan freshly grated
- 1 tbso fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 5 tbsp Olive oil extra virgin
- Salt and pepper to season
Pre-heat the oven to 400F/200C. Place the cubed ciabatta bread on a baking sheet and spinkle with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp freshly grated parmesan and a small pinch of salt and pepper. Toast in the oven for 10 minutes until crisp.
Drizzle the tuna steak in around 1 tsp of olive oil just to lightly coat and spinkle with a small pinch of salt and pepper. Place on a hot griddle pan for 2 minutes each side, it should still be pink in the middle. Remove and cut into slices.
Place the tomatoes, onion, cucumber, olives, basil and parsley in a large bowl then add the croutons and slices of tuna.
Whisk the olive oil and vinegar in a small bowl then pour over the salad ingredients, toss the salad to combine. Let it sit for 1-2 minutes then serve.
- Make sure to use the freshest tuna possible and from a sustainable source
- If you can't get ahold of tuna steaks you can use canned tuna
- I like to let the salad sit for a few minutes so the dressing soaks into the croutons and all the flavours get a chance to develop
- Make sure to cut the onion as thin as possible so you don't get a pungent onion taste
- You can store this salad in the fridge for up to 2 days
Calories: 479kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 831mg | Potassium: 543mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3135IU | Vitamin C: 19.7mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 1.7mg