Limoncello Mojito Cocktail
A Mojito Cocktail with a fun Italian twist, this cocktail is made with limoncello, fresh lemons and plenty of mint. It's super refreshing and delicious, perfect for sipping on when the sun is shining!
Servings: 2 cocktails
- 3 large sprigs fresh mint plus extra for garnish
- 2 shots limoncello
- 2 shots white rum
- soda water for topping
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Cocktail shaker or large glass
- Cocktail muddles or wooden pestle
Put the mint leaves,sugar and fresh lemon in a large cocktail shaker and muddle, bashing the lemon and mint until most of the juice is released.
Add the limoncello and run and top the shaker with ice. Shake until thoroughly mixed and ice cold.
Divide the cocktail between to high ball glasses filled with ice and top up with soda water. Garnish with mint and lemon if desired.
- Go for a good quality limoncello (homemade is best and way cheaper) but cheap store-bought varieties are often made with artificial lemon powders and don't taste nice.
- Make sure to fill the glass with ice to keep the drink nice and chilled.
- Bashing the mint and lemon juice releases a ton of flavour and juice. Make sure to do it with a wooden pestle if you don't have a cocktail kit so you don't break the glass.
- To make it virgin (without alcohol) replace the rum and limoncello with a good fizzy lemonade such as San Pellegrino Limonata and garnish with more mint. It'll be super refreshing and zingy without the booze!
Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 74mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 65IU | Vitamin C: 29.1mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 0.3mg