Cheesy Basil Pizza
This is one for the pizza lovers out there...homemade Cheesy Basil Pizza made with fresh pesto, creamy burrata and sprinkled with pine nuts. Now, this is gonna truly transform your pizza night!
Servings: 2 large pizzas (serves 6-8)
You can find step by step photos and instructions on how to make homemade pizza dough here. You also find the BEST recipe for homemade pesto here, it takes 2 minutes to make and tastes incredible!
Divide the pizza dough into two balls or four if you prefer smaller pizzas. Roll one ball of dough out to your desired thickness remembering it will rise in the oven so always roll the dough thinner than you really want.
Dust a baking tray or pizza stone with fine semolina or regular flour then transfer the rolled out dough to the tray. Repeat with the second ball of dough and place of a second tray. If you don't have two trays do the second pizza after the first one comes out of the oven.
Cover the base with mozzarella and parmesan and bake in the oven for 10 minutes until the crust is golden and cheese is bubbling and melted.
Remove from the oven and top with pesto, burrata and a sprinkling of pepper and pine nuts.
- Pre-heat the oven to your highest setting before baking.
- Leave the pizza dough to rise for 4-8 hours if possible. I've used pizza dough after only 1-2 hours and although it's still delicious it won't be as light and airy.
- Make homemade pesto...never buy storebought or this pizza won't taste anything like it should.
- If you can't find burrata you can use more mozzarella or go for something different like taleggio.
- Always put the burrata and pesto on after you have cooked the pizza for best flavour and texture.
- Use semolina or regular flour to dust your baking trays with to stop the pizza sticking and to help give a nice crispy crust.
Calories: 294kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 546mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 210IU | Calcium: 201mg | Iron: 1.7mg