These Pistachio Muffins are super easy and effortless! Whipped up in a food processor and topped with white chocolate chips and pistachios for extra crunch! These soft and fluffy muffins are the perfect grab and go snack or relax with a cup of tea or coffee, enjoy!
Servings: 12 muffins
12 muffin cases
- 1 cup pistachios shelled and unsalted (150g)
- 1.5 cups self raising flour 220g
- 1 cup golden caster sugar 200g
- ½ cup butter softened at room temperature (115g/1 stick)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream 260g
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1-2 tbsp white chocolate chips plus extra melted white chocolate for drizzling if desired.
- 1-2 tbsp roughly chopped pistachios
Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and line a muffin pan with 12 muffin cases.
Put the pistachios in a food processor and blitz to a fine crumb.
Tip out into a large bowl and mix with the flour and sugar until thoroughly mixed.
Add all ingredients (except topping ingredients) into the food processor and blitz for a few seconds until thoroughly combined (it only takes a few seconds so don't over mix).
Spoon the mixture into muffins cases and top with white chocolate chips and roughly chopped pistachios.
Bake for 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool for 5 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely
If desired, drizzle with extra melted white chocolate.
- Make sure to use large eggs at room temperature.
- Your butter must be softened, check out our post for the easiest way to softened butter (in 5 mins).
- Make sure your pistachios are unsalted.
- To check the muffins are done insert a toothpick into the center of one muffin, if it comes out clean they are cooked. If the toothpick has any wet batter on it then cook for a few minutes longer.
- let the muffins cool completely before serving.
- The muffins will keep well for up to 5-7 days or can be frozen. Thaw as needed and crisp up in a hot oven.
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 105mg | Potassium: 181mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 459IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1mg