Italian Baked Chicken Thighs
Italian Baked Chicken Thighs - Crispy and delicious oven baked chicken thighs made with fresh rosemary, sage and oregano. These chicken thighs are succulent, juicy and super simple to prepare. Perfect for a one pan, low prep dinner!
Servings: 4 servings
- 6-8 chicken thighs (3 lbs/1.3kg)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 3-4 fresh sage leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Pepper to taste
Pre-heat the oven to 375F/190C.
Pat the chicken skin dry with kitchen paper.
Finely chop the fresh herbs and sprinkle over the chicken along with the oregano.
Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken and rub it all over so it’s thoroughly coated in herbs and oil.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
Once cooked turn on the broiler/oven grill and broil the chicken until the skin is extra crispy (2-3 minutes).
Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes then serve with desired sides
- Pat the skin dry - pat the chicken skin with a paper towel before starting this recipe. It gets rid of excess moisture and helps the chicken skin crisp up.
- Flavour combinations - feel free to switch up the herbs, spices and flavours as you like, this is such a versatile recipe. For some ideas try; lemon zest, parsley or red pepper flakes.
- Let the chicken rest - after cooking any meat especially chicken it's important to let it rest after cooking otherwise it can dry out and a lot of the flavour in the juices will run out. Let the thighs rest for at least 5 minutes after cooking.
- Leftovers & freezing - leftover chicken will last well in the fridge for 3-4 days or can be frozen in an airtight container. Use leftover chicken in salads, sandwiches or soups.
- Watch the video! - make sure to check out our step by step recipe video and photos to help you make this recipe perfectly!
Calories: 561kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 221mg | Sodium: 756mg | Potassium: 472mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 176IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 2mg