How to make ultra smooth and creamy Straciatella Gelato without an ice cream machine. This no-churn Italian gelato is made with just four simple ingredients and takes no more than 5 minutes to prepare, insanely easy, and delicious!
Servings: 12 servings
- 14 oz condensed milk (397g)
- 2.5 cups heavy cream double cream (600ml)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean paste or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate roughly chopped
Put the heavy cream, condensed milk, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until really thick, smooth and resembles soft peaks.
Roughly chop the dark chocolate, you want there to be tiny pieces and some larger chunks and fold it through the gelato mixture.
Transfer the stracciatella gelato to a freezer proof container, cover with a lid and freeze for 6 hours to overnight. Remove the gelato for the freezer around 10 minutes before serving!
- Cream - Make sure to use heavy cream so it whips up nice and thick.
- Chocolate - Use high-quality dark chocolate if possible for the best flavour.
- Vanilla - I love to use vanilla bean paste which gives you a beautiful vanilla favour and tiny black speckles throughout the gelato but you can also use vanilla extract just don't use vanilla essence which is artificial flavouring.
Calories: 365kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 64mg | Potassium: 264mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 823IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 137mg | Iron: 2mg