Italian Tuna Potato Salad
A super simple Italian Tuna Potato Salad made with baby potatoes, red onion and capers tossed in an easy olive oil and fresh lemon dressing. It's a light and healthy lunch or side dish that's ready in 15 minutes or less!
Servings: 4 - 6 servings
- 2 lbs waxy potatoes such as baby potatoes or fingerling (1 kg) cut in half
- 1 can tuna in olive oil (160g / 5oz) drained
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 2 tablespoon capers
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small handful fresh parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper to season
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and boil the potatoes until a knife can be inserted with ease (around 8-10 minutes).
Meanwhile, finely slice the red onion and fresh parsley, set aside. Add the olive oil (4 tbsp), lemon juice and zest to a bowl and whisk briefly to combine.
Once cooked, drain the potatoes and let them cool slightly for a couple of minutes so they are not too hot but still warm.
Transfer them to a large serving bowl and add the sliced onion, chopped parsley, capers (2 tbsp), tuna, and a good pinch of salt and pepper and toss everything together. Pour over the dressing and toss the salad again to coat it in the dressing, serve.
- Potatoes - waxy potatoes are best so go for something like baby potatoes, Yukon gold, Charlotte (UK), or fingerling potatoes.
- Tuna - use tuna in olive oil for best results and make sure it's the best quality you can afford.
- Seasoning - potatoes need a good amount of seasoning so remember to boil them in salted water then add a little more seasoning (salt and pepper) over the salad before serving.
- Leftovers - this salad will keep well in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Calories: 382kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 304mg | Potassium: 1192mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 68IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 3mg