Espresso Martini is the perfect after-dinner drink made with espresso, Kahlua and vodka. It's strong and sweet served ice cold with a creamy and foamy top and topped with coffee beans.
Servings: 1 cocktail
- 1 part strong espresso (40ml)
- 1 part Kahlua (40ml)
- 1 part vodka (40ml)
- coffee beans for garnish (optional)
Make a strong 1 shot of espresso using a coffee machine or Moka pot.
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice then add the vodka, Kahula and espresso (no need to cool first). Shake the cocktail vigorously to create the foam then pour into a cocktail glass.
Top the cocktail with 3 coffee beans then serve.
- Make it sweeter - if you'd like the cocktail to be sweeter you can add ¼ teaspoon of sugar to your coffee, stir to dissolve then add to the cocktail.
- Use vanilla vodka - vanilla vodka will add a delicious vanilla flavour and sweetness.
- Add baileys - to make it creamy and more dessert-like you can swap the Kahlua for Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur.
- No coffee machine? You can use a Moka pot to make a coffee with great foam OR you can add 1 egg white to your cocktail to create a thick foamy top. Another option is to buy cocktail foam drops online.
Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 46mg | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 1mg