Pistachio Ice Cream
How to make smooth and creamy Pistachio Ice Cream from scratch. This recipe is super easy and utterly delicious made using homemade Italian pistachio cream for that classic sweet and nutty flavour!
Servings: 2 pints (1.3kg)
- 1 batch Pistachio Cream (300g)
- 2 cups whole milk (475ml)
- 2 cups heavy cream (double cream UK) 475ml
- ¼ cup sugar (50g)
- chopped pistachios for topping (optional)
Put the cream, milk and sugar in a large saucepan on a medium heat. Heat the mixture until the sugar has completely dissolved (don’t let it boil).
2 cups whole milk, 2 cups heavy cream, ¼ cup sugar
Once the sugar has melted, turn off the heat and whisk in the pistachio cream until melted.
1 batch Pistachio Cream
Let the mixture cool completely then churn in your ice cream machine. Depending on what machine you have it can take up to 20 minutes to churn. It should be thick and creamy.
Transfer the ice cream into a suitable container and freeze for at least 3 hours. Remove from the freezer 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Pistachio cream - this is a mix of pistachios, white chocolate and milk. It's super quick and easy to make and is the key to the best tasting pistachio ice cream!
- Churning the ice cream - the length of churning time will depend on your own ice cream machine, ours takes around 20 minutes for it to double in volume.
- Make sure the mixture is cold before churning - it's important to let the ice cream mixture cool completely before churning or it may not work. If a skin has formed on the milk remove it before churning.
- Toppings - top your ice cream with extra chopped pistachios, it's delicious!
- Freezing - will keep in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Serving: 1pint | Calories: 1943kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 96g | Saturated Fat: 59g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 27g | Cholesterol: 350mg | Sodium: 196mg | Potassium: 501mg | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 3894IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 431mg | Iron: 1mg