Italian Breakfast Bundt Cake - Ciambella allo Yogurt
A soft, light, and sweet Italian Breakfast Bundt Cake made with yogurt and lemon zest. This cake is the perfect way to start your day Italian-style with a slice of sweet Ciambella cake and a cappuccino!
Servings: 10 servings
- 2 cups self raising flour (250g)
- 1 cup caster sugar (200g)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup plain natural yogurt full fat (250g)
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil (130ml)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- zest of one large lemon
- confectioners' sugar (icing sugar) for dusting
Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C.
Combine the eggs and sugar and whisk together using a stand or electric mixer until pale and thick (about 1-2 minutes).
Add the yogurt and sunflower oil and whisk for a couple of seconds to combine. Sift the flour and baking powder into the batter and add the lemon zest. Fold until fully incorporated.
Grease the ciambella mould and dust with flour, remove any excess flour. Add the batter to a 10" cake mould and bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Allow to cool then remove from the mould, dust with confectioners' sugar and serve.
- Yogurt - Make sure to use natural plain yogurt that's not too thick in texture.
- Lemon zest - You can replace the lemon zest with orange if you prefer.
- Extra flavour - For a more intense lemon flavour you can add 1-2 tbsp of juice into the batter.
- Cake batter - Make sure to sift the flour first to avoid a lumpy batter.
- Cake pan - I used a 10-inch ring cake or ciambella cake mould.
- Storage - The Ciambella cake will last up to 5-7 days stored in a sealed container or can be frozen wrapped tightly in plastic wrap (cling film) and aluminium foil.
Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 55mg | Potassium: 81mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 96IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1mg