Chestnut Fritters with Pecorino, Ricotta and Truffle Honey
Chestnut fritters made with only three ingredients and served warm with ricotta, slices of pecorino cheese and drizzled with truffle honey. An absolutely delicious Autumn snack, ready in a matter of minutes.
Servings: 15 fritters
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) chestnut flour
- 2/3 + 1/4 cup (220ml) water
- 1 pinch of salt
- sunflower oil ,for frying
- pecorino cheese ,for serving
- ricotta cheese ,for serving
- truffle honey or floral honey, for drizzling
Mix together the chestnut flour, salt and water until smooth and slightly thick.
Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan and drop a heaped tablespoon of batter onto the hot pan in batches you may need to add more oil in between batches. Fry the fritters on one side until browned and crispy then flip over, fry for a few seconds and place on top of kitchen paper to drain.
Serve the chestnut fritters warm with slices of pecorino cheese, a spoonful of ricotta and a drizzle of truffle honey.
- Please note this recipe was tested and developed using metric measurements all imperial measurements are approximate.
- Cals per fritter