Chicken Spiedini - Italian Chicken Skewers
The easiest Chicken Spiedini made with tender and juicy chicken and a simple flavour packed marinade. These Italian chicken skewers are grilled to perfection and taste incredible, so easy and healthy they're perfect for whipping up when you're short on time or want a fuss-free dinner!
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Zest of 1 whole lemon
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice for serving
If using wooden skewers, soak them in a tray of water for 30 minutes.
Cut the chicken into 1 inch cubed pieces and add to a bowl.
Add all the herbs, zest, olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Stir until thoroughly combined. You can use the chicken immediately or place in the fridge to marinate until you're ready.
Heat the broiler (grill) to high. Thread the chicken onto the wooden skewers evenly and place on a baking tray.
Place the chicken on a high shelf under the broiler and cook for 5 minutes, turn the skewers and cook for another 5 minutes until browned and cooked through.
Serve the chicken skewers on plate with a squeeze of lemon juice and some grilled veggies.
- Make sure to soak the wooden skewers for at least 30 minutes so they don't burn, it's super important.
- Cut the chicken into even pieces so they all cook at the same time.
- Feel free to play around with flavours using different herbs and spices these are so versatile!
- You can grill these outdoors during the summer it'll also give them an extra smoky flavour.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven or under the broiler (grill) until piping hot all the way through or eat cold. Serve with salad or any sides you like.
- You can freeze these either before cooking or after, make sure to thaw overnight before cooking.
- If cooking on an outdoor grill or BBQ they'll need only around 3 minutes each side.
Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 844mg | Potassium: 852mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 118IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg