Chickpea Tuna Salad
A super simple Chickpea Tuna Salad made with fresh veggies, salty capers, olives, and zingy lemon. This salad comes together in less than 10 minutes and is perfect for prepping ahead.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 can chickpeas (800g/28oz)
- 1 can tuna
- ½ English cucumber about 1 cup heaped cup
- 2 roma or plum tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- ½ cup pitted olives (70g)
- Zest and juice of half a lemon
- ½ cup fresh basil finely chopped (small handful)
- ½ cup fresh parsley finely chopped (small handful)
- ¼ cup olive oil (60ml)
- Salt and pepper
Put the chickpeas, tuna, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, capers and herbs in a large mixing bowl.
Grate the lemon zest over the ingredients then pour over the lemon juice, add a good pinch of salt and pepper.
Add the olives oil them mix everything until thoroughly combined.
Serve in bowls or store in the fridge for later.
- You can easily adapt this salad with whatever veggies and herbs you like, it's a great way to empty your fridge!
- You can swap the chickpeas for cannellini beans or another white bean.
- You can also swap the chickpeas with a short pasta shape and turn this into a pasta salad.
- Fancy a spicy kick? Add in some dried red pepper flakes or sliced fresh chilli.
- You can prepare this salad in advance and store it in the fridge (covered) it'll last for about 4 days.
Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 430mg | Potassium: 255mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1178IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 2mg