These Italian Chicken Cutlets are crispy, juicy and full of flavour. Served with baby spinach tossed in homemade pesto and freshly squeezed lemon juice. This recipe is simple but sure to be a favourite, perfect for any day of the week!
- It helps to dip the chicken in egg with one hand and keep the other hand free for the breadcrumbs, that way you don't get in a sticky mess.
- Panko breadcrumbs are the best for this recipe because they are super light and crispy but you can also use regular breadcrumbs.
- Beating the chicken with a rolling pin or meat mallet helps tenderise the chicken making is extra juicy and delicious.
- Make the pesto in advance but toss it with the spinach last minute before serving to avoid it wilting.
- You can prep the chicken in advance and store it in the fridge on a plate or container cover with plastic wrap. This makes dinner even fast and all you need to do is fry them when you're ready to eat.
How to Cook and Store Leftovers
In the Fridge -
Leftovers will keep well in the fridge for up to 3 days, you can easily reheat them by playing on a baking tray in a preheated oven (200C/400F) for around 10 minutes until piping hot all the way through.
In the Freezer -
You can also freeze leftovers in a suitable container. To reheat from frozen simply place the frozen cutlets on a baking tray in a preheated oven (200C/400F) and bake for around 20 minutes until piping hot all the way through.