How to make the most delicious Artichoke Pesto in 5 minutes or less. This recipe uses just four simple ingredients to make the most incredible and delicious artichoke pesto that's perfect served as a dip, in pasta or on toasted bread.
Servings: 8 servings
- 10.5 ounces chopped artichoke hearts jarred in oil (300g)
- ¼ cup Parmigiano Reggiano finely grated (15g)
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- ½ clove garlic
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to season (you may not need any salt)
Remove the artichokes from the oil and add to a bowl (keep the oil). Add the garlic, lemon juice, Parmigiano Reggiano and a pinch of pepper.
Blitz everything together until smooth using an immersion blender (alternatively use a food processor). Add a little oil if the consistency seems too thick. Taste and add salt if needed.
Spoon into a serving bowl and serve with cheese, cured meats, crusty bread or crackers.
- Type of artichokes to use - you want to look for jarred artichoke hearts in oil, it doesn't matter if they are whole, halved or quartered. Spoon the artichokes out of the oil into a bowl or processor.
- Consistency - If your pesto is too thick, add a little more oil that the artichokes were jarred in to emulsify it more.
- Serving suggestions - serve the pesto on crusty toasted bread to make bruschetta, with cured meats and cheese or even use as a pasta sauce.
Calories: 65kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.01g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 235mg | Potassium: 3mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 516IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 0.4mg