This simple artichoke dip uses very little ingredients and is ready in 5 minutes. You'll absolutely love this easy peasy appetizer!
The weekend is getting closer and closer, phew! Is it just me or is this week dragging?
I've had a few kitchen mishaps recently (that's probably why this week feels like a month to me). First of all my kitchen scales died on me half way through developing an AMAZING recipe that I have planned for you guys. Although I obviously could finish the recipe and it was absolutely delicious I didn't have the exact measurements to share it with you guys, sigh.
I've also been forgetting the MAIN ingredient from the supermarket and only realising as I start looking for it in the fridge and over cooking pasta (only once but HOW WHY EH?!).
SO today I am reposting a recipe from aaages ago that I still absolutely love and make all the time.
Well because I posted this recipe way back when my blog was just a little hobby and I basically had no idea how to blog or take photos for that matter.
This artichoke dip recipe is absolutely delicious but the photo (yes only one photo) that I took and plastered on here for everyone to see was taken from an old iphone under kitchen lights on a dull day and looked very unappetizing. Even although I somehow thought it looked amazing at the time. HA!
This artichoke dip is super simple to make and totally different from the usual creamy spinach and artichoke dip you probably know.
This dip had fresh flavours and is so delicious and only calls for four ingredients (minus salt and pepper). All it is is artichokes, parmesan, garlic and lemon juice. Simple!
All the ingredients are added to a food processor and blitzed up until smooth and delicious and that's it! Done in 5 seconds and ready to be devoured with some cheese and cured meats with some crackers or crusty bread, yummee.
Hope you enjoy!
If you've tried this or any other recipe on the blog please let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTERESTto see more delicious food and what I'm getting up to.
- ~10 ounces (285g) chopped artichoke hearts , jarred in sunflower oil
- ~3 tbsp (15g) parmesan finely grated
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- ½ garlic clove
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to season
- Remove the artichokes from the oil and add to a food processor (keep the oil). Add the garlic, lemon juice, parmesan and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Blitz everything together until smooth, adding a little oil from the artichokes at a time until the mixture is smooth but still thick (normally no more than 1 tablespoon of oil)
- Spoon into a serving bowl and serve with cheese, cured meats, crusty bread or crackers.
- I always use extra virgin olive oil in all of my recipes unless stated otherwise
- When I use canned or jarred tomatoes of any kind I always use Cirio or Mutti brands for the best results and flavour.
- All vegetables are medium sized unless stated otherwise
- All recipes are tested and developed using a fan (convection) oven
- Find out more about how nutrition is calculated.
- Check out our must have Italian Pantry Staples.
- You can also find all our Essential Kitchen Tools for Italian Cooking.