This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
An easy, creamy whipped ricotta dip with thyme roasted tomatoes. This dip has a beautiful taste of lemon and herbs and makes a great addition to your party spread or as a great afternoon snack.
I had a lovely long, relaxing weekend at home even although the rain was battering off the windows the whole time. It felt really nice and cozy being wrapped up inside stirring a simmering, luscious, rich ragú and rolling out the fresh handmade tagliatelle whilst sipping a glass of red wine.
The whole weekend consisted of cooking beautiful food, drinking wine, listening to music and chilling. Very much deserved and very much needed.
We had first planned to go to the natural thermal springs that are only half an hour from our house in Siena. We only just found out about it and couldn’t wait to go check out the ‘hidden gem’ and relax. So on the bikini went and off we drove to the nearby springs. The closer we got the stronger the eggy stench of sulfur got and the more I started to question if it was really worth it….
When we arrived there were already a lot of people there and the spring was absolutely tiny (about the size of a jacuzzi). This place was already ticking all the boxes of how uncomfortable I could get and as I turned around, Nathan was basically running away so on that note we decided to get back in the car and drive back home.
No regrets on missing out on that experience that was for sure.
So as much as the day didn’t turn out as planned, bathing in the beautiful natural thermal spring I had in my mind. The day resulted in chilling at home nibbling on this whipped ricotta dip with thyme roasted tomatoes.
I love the simple, clean flavours of lemon, marjoram and thyme and how easy it is to make. This whipped ricotta dip is utterly delicious spread on slices of crusty ciabatta bread topped with the beautifully sweet roasted tomatoes.
It’s the perfect addition to an antipasto spread or as an aperitivo with a glass of vino.
More Dips You Might Like;
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog please let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTERESTto see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Whipped ricotta dip recipe
- ~1 cup (250g) ricotta
- 1/2 tbsp pecorino or parmesan cheese grated
- zest of half a lemon
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 tbsp fresh marjoram chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- ~2/3 cup (125g) cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350F/gas mark Cut the tomatoes in half and place in a baking tray. Sprinkle with chopped thyme, salt and pepper and half tbsp of olive oil, toss to coat the tomatoes.
- Roast the tomatoes for 15-20 minutes. To make the ricotta dip add the ricotta, lemon, pecorino, marjoram and a pinch of pepper to a food processor, blitz until smooth (a couple seconds).
- Add the ricotta dip to a serving plate or shallow bowl and make a small well in the middle. Add the roasted tomatoes, drizzle with a touch of olive oil, a sprinkle of pepper and a few basil leaves. Serve with crusty bread or crackers.
- I always use extra virgin olive oil in all of my recipes unless stated otherwise
- When I use canned or jarred tomatoes of any kind I always use this brand for the best results and flavour
- All vegetables are medium sized unless stated otherwise
- All recipes are tested and developed using a fan oven
- Find out more about how nutrition is calculated here
- Check out our must have Italian Pantry Staples here
- You can also find all our Essential Kitchen Tools for Italian Cooking here