This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
This Spinach and Artichoke Frittata is perfect for a light lunch this Spring with peas, leek and goats cheese it is packed full of flavour!
I’ve been making the most of this beautiful Spring weather this week. The temperature is just perfect at the moment so I’ve been going for long walks, picnics and soaking up the sun. I can’t believe how warm it is already here in Tuscany but I’m definitely not complaining!
I’ve also been enjoying some lovely light lunches to go with the beautiful weather like my farro salad and this roasted veg sandwich with avocado mayo and goats cheese, both SO delicious. I also made this yummy spinach and artichoke frittata through the week for my boyfriend’s family.
It’s perfect for Springtime and is filled with delicious green veggies and tangy goats cheese. The great thing about this frittata is that it only takes 25 minutes in the oven and can be eaten hot or cold on it’s own or with a little salad.
To make the frittata I firstly sauté some leek and garlic until soft then add in some frozen peas and spinach. The spinach is wilted down and then I add a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
I used jarred artichokes and cut them up into smaller pieces before adding them to the spinach and leek then it’s all placed in an oven proof dish.
I dollop over some mild, creamy goats cheese then whisk the eggs together with some parmesan and a splash of milk. The eggs are poured over the veggies and goats cheese then it’s baked in the oven for 25 minutes.
The result is light and flavour packed, you’ll love this on a warm Spring afternoon with a little salad!
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog please let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTERESTto see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Spinach and artichoke frittata
- 6 free range eggs
- 1 leek
- ~1/2 cup (80g) frozen peas
- 1 garlic clove
- ~3/4 cup (160g) spinach
- ~4.5 ounces (130g) artichoke hearts jarred in oil
- ~1.4 ounces (40g) goats cheese
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- ~1.7 fluid ounces (50ml) milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350F/gas mark 4. Put 1 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan under a low/medium heat. Finely chop the leek and garlic and sauté until soft.
- Add the peas to the pan and stir. Roughly chop the spinach then add to the frying pan, stir until the spinach has wilted, season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool slightly.
- Roughly chop the artichokes and add them to the spinach and veggies, mix to combine. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl, add the parmesan, milk a pinch of salt.
- Cover the bottom of an oven proof dish with the spinach and artichoke mixture. Dollop the goats cheese over the top then pour the egg mixture on top.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, until golden on top and cooked all the way through.
- I always use extra virgin olive oil in all of my recipes unless stated otherwise
- When I use canned or jarred tomatoes of any kind I always use this brand for the best results and flavour
- All vegetables are medium sized unless stated otherwise
- All recipes are tested and developed using a fan (convection) oven
- Find out more about how nutrition is calculated here
- Check out our must have Italian Pantry Staples here
- You can also find all our Essential Kitchen Tools for Italian Cooking here