This wild berry and coconut frozen smoothie is great for breakfast but also just as delicious as a healthy dessert. The texture is thick and ice-cream like, it’s basically a super quick and ridiculously easy frozen yogurt and is sweet, tangy and bursting with flavour.
I love smoothies for breakfast especially in spring/summer time. It make me feel healthy, fresh and happy. The fact that they take 5 minutes or less to make is just a bonus and they are so beautiful to look at, what’s not to like?
I like to brake bananas in half or quarters then freeze them in a freezer bag, one banana per bag so they are always there when I need them. They keep for as long as you need them in the freezer and let’s face it, it’s much better than buying a bunch of bananas just to watch them turn black in our fruit bowls which I’m sure a lot of us are guilty of. If however you haven’t frozen any bananas in advance then don’t worry you can make it with a soft one but you won’t end up with the ice cold, ice-cream like texture.
I used coconut yogurt in this berry smoothie recipe because I just adore everything coconut, it’s smell and taste and thought it added a great taste to the wild berry smoothie but you can of course use plain Greek yogurt instead or mix it up with different flavours if you prefer.
Wild berry and coconut frozen smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup (70g) frozen wild berries
- 1 tbsp honey
- 5.5 oz (150g) coconut yogurt
- Splash of milk
- 1 tsp mixed seeds
- Place everything in a blender apart from the mixed seeds and blitz until completely smooth. Top with seeds.
- I always use extra virgin olive oil in all of my recipes unless stated otherwise
- When I use canned or jarred tomatoes of any kind I always use this brand for the best results and flavour
- All vegetables are medium sized unless stated otherwise
- All recipes are tested and developed using a fan oven
- Find out more about how nutrition is calculated here
- Check out our must have Italian Pantry Staples here
- You can also find all our Essential Kitchen Tools for Italian Cooking here