This wild berry and coconut frozen smoothie is great for breakfast but also just as delicious as a healthy dessert. The texture is thick and ice-cream like, it’s basically a super quick and ridiculously easy frozen yogurt and is sweet, tangy and bursting with flavour.
I love smoothies for breakfast especially in spring/summer time. It make me feel healthy, fresh and happy. The fact that they take 5 minutes or less to make is just a bonus and they are so beautiful to look at, what’s not to like?
I like to brake bananas in half or quarters then freeze them in a freezer bag, one banana per bag so they are always there when I need them. They keep for as long as you need them in the freezer and let’s face it, it’s much better than buying a bunch of bananas just to watch them turn black in our fruit bowls which I’m sure a lot of us are guilty of. If however you haven’t frozen any bananas in advance then don’t worry you can make it with a soft one but you won’t end up with the ice cold, ice-cream like texture.
I used coconut yogurt in this berry smoothie recipe because I just adore everything coconut, it’s smell and taste and thought it added a great taste to the wild berry smoothie but you can of course use plain Greek yogurt instead or mix it up with different flavours if you prefer.
📖 Full Recipe
Wild berry and coconut frozen smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup (70g) frozen wild berries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5.5 oz (150g) coconut yogurt
- Splash of milk
- 1 teaspoon mixed seeds
- Place everything in a blender apart from the mixed seeds.
- Blitz until completely smooth. Top with seeds.
- I always use extra virgin olive oil in all of my recipes unless stated otherwise
- When I use canned or jarred tomatoes of any kind I always use Cirio or Mutti brands for the best results and flavour.
- All vegetables are medium sized unless stated otherwise
- All recipes are tested and developed using a fan (convection) oven
- Find out more about how nutrition is calculated.
- Check out our must have Italian Pantry Staples.
- You can also find all our Essential Kitchen Tools for Italian Cooking.