This Gnocchi with tomato and 'Nduja recipe is the perfect way to warm up on these chilly evenings. It's super simple and extra comforting!
It's Friday! Yay the weekend is nearly here which means long lies and chill time and I'm so looking forward to it. I've found it SO hard to get myself out of bed all week because it's so darn cold!
What's your plans for the weekend? I'm planning a lazy morning then a nice long walk with my little pup followed by a big hot steaming bowl of soup and a cozy Christmassy evening. I can't wait.
Much like today's post Gnocchi with Tomato and Nduja. I love gnocchi they are so soft and light and scream comfort food especially when drenched in a luscious tomato and sausage sauce.
Nduja is a delicious, spicy, spreadable salami from Calabria, Italy. You can find it in most good supermarkets or Italian delis and let me tell you a little goes a long way, it's very spicy and gives great flavour.
HAVE YOU TRIED MY CREAM CHEESE & 'NDUJA BRUSCHETTA?
To make the yummy tomato sauce I fry one Italian sausage (removed from it's skin) in a frying pan and break it up into little pieces. I then add garlic and a little oil and lightly fry for a few seconds.
I then add passata, 'Nduja, oregano and season it with salt and pepper. Everything is stirred together and left to simmer while the gnocchi are cooking in salted boiling water. The good thing about gnocchi is they take only a couple of minutes before they start floating to the surface and they are ready.
The fluffy, little light gnocchi are then added to the sauce and tossed until beautifully coated and served in big bowls to be devoured on a chilly evening....it'll warm you right up!
If you tried this or any other recipes from my blog please be sure to leave me a comment below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I'm getting up to.
PIN FOR LATER
📖 Full Recipe
Gnocchi with Tomato and 'Nduja
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Take the sausage out of it's skin and brown in a large frying pan. Break up the sausage with the side of a wooden spoon as it's browning until it's in small pieces. Finely chop the garlic cloves and add to the pan with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Fry for 30-40 seconds then add the passata. Add the N'duja, oregano, basil (roughly torand season with salt and pepper. Stir everything together and let it simmer until the gnocchi are ready.
- Add the gnocchi to the boiling water. Once the gnocchi reach the surface of the water, drain. Turn the sauce off the heat and add the gnocchi. Stir the gnocchi until it's evenly coated in sauce and serve.
- I always use extra virgin olive oil in all of my recipes unless stated otherwise
- When I use canned or jarred tomatoes of any kind I always use Cirio or Mutti brands for the best results and flavour.
- All vegetables are medium sized unless stated otherwise
- All recipes are tested and developed using a fan (convection) oven
- Find out more about how nutrition is calculated.
- Check out our must have Italian Pantry Staples.
- You can also find all our Essential Kitchen Tools for Italian Cooking.