This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
These delicious strawberry bellini are a refreshing Prosecco cocktail made with fresh strawberries and zesty lime juice that’s perfect for any occasion!
I’m getting back to normality after having Nathan’s family over for the past week. We had so much fun, cooking and sightseeing and the weather was just perfect. At the weekend we made our own pizzas in a wood fired oven and it was the best fun ever!
Pizza is just SO much better when it’s cooked in a wood fired oven and they cook in around 30 seconds, it’s amazing! You can see a couple photos I took on Instagram.
We enjoyed a couple of yummy cocktails over the last week, we made the obligatory Aperol Spritz (these are the bright orange drinks you see everyone drinking) and these Strawberry Bellini with lime!
I love a simple cocktail especially one that contains plenty bubbles and these strawberry bellini are just perfect. It’s refreshing and packed full of juicy, fruity flavour you can’t not enjoy sipping on this on a warm Spring evening.
This Bellini recipe couldn’t be simpler. I blitz up some fresh strawberries with some light brown caster sugar and lime juice until completely smooth.
It’s then passed through a fine sieve to get rid of as many seeds as possible. A couple managed to get through into my glass but I didn’t mind it was still delicious.
Then I spoon around 1 1/2 tbsp of the strawberry pureé into the bottom of champagne flutes and top up very carefully with prosecco. Because of the acidity in the fruit, it causes the prosecco to froth and bubble much more than normal so you need to pour the prosecco very slowly to stop them overflowing.
All that’s left to do now is sit back and sip on your strawberry bellini whilst enjoying some nibbles such as this whipped ricotta dip with thyme roasted tomatoes, perfect!
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog please let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTERESTto see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Strawberry Bellini with Lime
- ~1 cup (200g) fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 1/2 lime
- 1 bottle Prosecco
- Cut the tops off the strawberries and chop in half. Add the strawberries to a food processor with the caster sugar and lime juice.
- Blitz until completely smooth then pass the puréed strawberries through a fine sieve to remove the seeds.
- Add around 1 1/2 tbsp of strawberry puree to the bottom of a champagne flute and top (carefully) with prosecco. Make sure to add the prosecco a little at a time, the acidity from the fruit with make the prosecco froth much more than normal.
- I always use extra virgin olive oil in all of my recipes unless stated otherwise
- When I use canned or jarred tomatoes of any kind I always use this brand for the best results and flavour
- All vegetables are medium sized unless stated otherwise
- All recipes are tested and developed using a fan (convection) oven
- Find out more about how nutrition is calculated here
- Check out our must have Italian Pantry Staples here
- You can also find all our Essential Kitchen Tools for Italian Cooking here